Ohhhhh Valentines Day!
I know some people have this internal battle about commercialised holidays and how
love should be shown, shared and experienced EVERY DAMN DAY
of the year, instead of just February the 14th. But you know what- I LOVE IT! I think days like this are magical, and are truly a reminder to love and show love.
I am a big believer in handmade goodies, writing love notes and doing random acts of kindness for yourself, your friends, your family and perhaps your lover too!
I spent a few years in Canada as a day care teacher where Valentines Day is HUGE and during that time one of my favourite things was working with the kids to create valentines for their friends. Just getting messy with some paint, a whole load of glitter and helping to write down a kind message to their friend.
I am LITERALLY ALLLLLL about paint, glitter and kind messages!
And then the day came when we handed them out! Those little pieces of magical card were so precious to them, and receiving one as an adult can be just as special. So- today I am encouraging you to roll up your sleeves, grab some supplies and write love notes to all of your friends!
If you are feeling a tad on the busy side this week, or have a glitter phobia and would prefer to spend your time working on the love note part- I have included some free downloadable tags! (Just for our lucky newsletter subscribers! Click here to subscribe and download)
They are perfect to wrap up our favourite Raw Vegan chocolate bars and plan an afternoon of delivering and catch-ups. This raw vegan chocolate is delicious (of course!) and is actually soooo good for you!
Raw cacao has so many benefits and is
- High in antioxidants.
- High in natural and absorbable vitamins and minerals like magnesium, sulphur, calcium and potassium.
- Increases serotonin (which makes you happy!)
AMEN, break me off a piece (or two) of that!
VALENTINES LOVE CHOCOLATE
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 C cacao powder
- 1/3 C coconut nectar or maple syrup (I prefer maple).
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (ground)
- Coconut oil spray
- Toppings of your choice:
- Beet stained coconut flakes
- Goji berries
- Chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, walnuts or pecans are all good!)
- Raw cacao nibs
- Himalayan sea salt
- Mix coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup together over a bain marie (use a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water)
- Pour into moulds (if you have them! I got mine from Spotlight). You could also spread onto a lined baking tray, score and break into pieces, or use for dipping strawberries.
- Sprinkle with your favourite toppings! I used dried goji berries, beet stained coconut flakes and almonds because I love the pink/ red for valentines day!
- Place into the fridge to set.
- When set (leave for at least 2 hours) remove from the mould and wrap in baking paper or pretty paper! Attach your love note and refrigerate!
- To make beet stained coconut juice ½ a beet, stir through 1 C of coconut flakes, spread on a lined oven tray and place in the oven on the lowest heat till dry. Leave the door slightly cracked open!
- This chocolate is UBER melty so be careful of fingerprints! Try not to handle too much.
- Use an esky with ice packs on delivery day and keep in the fridge!
We also have a range of goodies, which make perfect little gifts for friends and lovers if you want to add in a little something extra! Gift vouchers, lip balms and gift packs- check out the store here.
If you happen to use our printable’s, or make a batch of our LOVE chocolate please let us know we would LOVE (hehe get it!) to see! Tag us on Instagram @deliciousskin and use the hashtag #lovedeliciousskin or leave a comment below!
All of my love! (ok, ok I’ll stop now!)