DIY natural oat + vanilla body scrub
Moisturise. Exfoliate. Soften.
This scrub is amazing and I know you'll love it as much as I do!
It's quick and easy to whip up and you've probably got the ingredients in your cupboard right now!
As this DIY Scrub uses edible ingredients I recommend whipping up a batch fresh and just enough to use then and there. It's perfect to use all over, but particularly great for hands, dry heels and elbows.
Oats have naturally calming properties and can help fight dry, flaky, itchy, dull skin. They become gelatinous when mixed with liquid and can leave a protective layer on skin.
Coconut oil is a vegetable oil has amazing antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. It helps to remove dead skin cells from the surface and is also rich in fatty acids which allows the moisture to penetrate the skin.
Read more about the natural ingredients we use in our skincare here.
And as always, any skincare recipes dreamed up by us here at Delicious Skin are just that- naturally DELICIOUS! (+ Vegan! YAY!)
Natural Oat + Vanilla Body Scrub
This recipe will make enough for one full body scrub, so get in the tub and rub liberally! We always recommend using organic ingredients where possible and discarding any unused scrub. I love to do a good scrub before bed once or twice a week and wake up with smooth, healthy + glowing skin! I generally use our POLISHED All Over Scrub but like to experiment with recipes like this one too depending on time or how I feel. I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1/2 C brown sugar- I like to use a blend of granulated brown sugar and soft brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup quick oats- these are softer and in smaller pieces than regular 'rolled oats'
- 1/3 C Plant based oil- Common oils you may have at home include coconut or olive. I like to use a blend to get a mix of the benefits of each.
- 1 t vanilla paste or powder- I like to use paste rather than essence as essences contain alcohol which can dry skin.
- If using coconut oil melt it down by sitting the jar in hot water.
- Throw all ingredients in a bowl and mix it all up!
- Jump in a bath or shower and cleanse first! Scrubs work best on warm, clean skin.
- Apply liberally and rub in circular motions towards the heart- this can help with circulation.
- Use a lighter pressure on sensitive areas like chest/ face and a harder pressure on tougher areas like elbows, heels etc.
- Be careful of the slippery tub or shower!
- Rinse off sugar and oats- but try not to wash too much of the oil away.
- Pat dry- this leaves some of the oils on skin to be absorbed.
If you give this recipe a go please tag us on Instagram @deliciousskin and use our hashtags